Out and About
Do you love to take your pooch out and about? Did you know dogs are now allowed in kerbside outdoor dining areas.
Your dog can join you if they
- are on a lead
- stay on the ground
- are not fed
- have the restaurant owner's permission.
Off leash areas
There are two designated off leash areas in Uralla Shire, these are the only areas dogs are allowed off leash in public. Any other public place outside your property boundaries your dog must be under control on a leash at all times. Pealties apply if you don’t: $220 CAA -13(2)(b).
- The Glen is an off leash area at all times. There is a large enclosed paddock adjacent to the New England Highway just coming into Uralla from Armidale on the left hand side. You can access it by taking the 1st left turn after the bridge then another sharp turn left and then take the next left turn on a dirt road.
- Hamden Park: Set Hours; 6am – 9am Daily
These areas are patrolled. Any breach of these requirements could result in infringements being issued to owner and/or dog being impounded.
Off leash areas rules and guidelines
- All dogs are to be accompanied and supervised and must be able to be controlled without a leash if not put back on leash.
- Must have control of your dog at all times. Even though it is an off leash area, you must prevent your dog from harassing, attacking and chasing other people or animals. Any attacks may result in a Dangerous Dog Declaration being placed on your dog & you may be liable for any damages.
- Dogs that are declared dangerous dogs by Council are not allowed to use any designated off leash areas.
- Your dog must be wearing a collar with identification tags and be lifetime registered.
- Dog owners/controllers MUST remove all dog faeces that may be deposited by the dog under their control.
Penalties apply if you don’t: $275 CAA -20(1)