Clean Green Waste
Clean green waste may be dropped off to Uralla Recycling Centre and Bundarra at no charge. Green Waste includes:
- grass clippings
Please remember to separate out any noxious weeds in your green waste. Do not put your green waste in your general waste bin.
Alternatives for Organic Waste
Composting and Worm Farming
Composting or worm farming organic materials at home, or using council collection services can:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions from landfill
- reduced leachate production in landfills
The use of compost in gardening, landscaping, horticulture and in agriculture can:
- reduce the amount of watering required
- reduce the amount of synthetic fertilisers needed
- improve the structure, fertility and health of soils
- help to repair soils suffering from poor management
(Source: NSW EPA)
Worm Farms and Compost Bins in the Uralla Shire Council area
A fun way to reduce your waste is to feed your food scraps to a worm farm or combine your food and garden waste together and place them in a compost bin. Your food scraps and garden waste can be turned into great compost - for your garden and pot plants.
For further information about Uralla Shire Council Waste and Recycling Project, please contact the Environmental Project Officer by email at email@example.com or by telephone (02) 6778 6300.