Becoming a Volunteer
Council has a group of generous volunteers who assist us within the Shire each year to help provide community, library, tourism and environmental services across our region.
Council aims to provide a diverse range of opportunities for volunteers and is appreciative of the skills, experiences, talents, ideas and energies that volunteers bring to Council.
Volunteering offers many benefits, including:
- meeting new people
- having fun
- learning or developing skills
- gaining work experience
- making a contribution to the community
- enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfillment
- boost self-esteem
- enjoy improved physical and mental health
From 2016 census figures, volunteers add almost $290 billion to the national economy each year!
Are you considering becoming a volunteer and helping our local community? Would you like some more information? Please contact Council on 02 6778 6300 or email email@example.com. Upon completion of an application form, Council will arrange a Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check, if relevant, prior to welcoming you to the valued army of volunteers who keep so many of our valuable programs running.
Volunteers are welcome at the following organisations:
- Bundarra Library – 6723 2133 - perhaps you would like to help out with a few hours at the Library, based at the CWA Rooms in Court Street.
- McMaugh Gardens Aged Care – 6778 5145 – if would you like to involved with this important support group and have good rapport with and care for our elderly residents.
- Tablelands Community Transport (TCS) – 6778 6450 - Volunteer drivers are required to assist people in the community to attend essential services such as shopping, medical or social appointment.
- Uralla Library – 6778 6470 – helping our busy Librarian with various duties. If you have a love of books this is a great community hub that would welcome your support!
- Uralla Visitor Information Centre – 6778 6420 – would welcome your support for a couple of hours perhaps one day a week – to help welcome visitors and locals and provide information about Uralla’s many attractions.