For Landholders and Owners of Animals/Stock

Landholder Disaster Relief

Emergency assistance is available to landholders and primary producers. The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services coordinate and provide recovery assistance and advice to landholders, primary producers, and other industries impacted by a natural disaster event.

Visit the NSW DPI Natural disaster recovery assistance for primary producers and BushFire Hub pages for more information.

Animal Welfare

Just as you need to have an emergency plan for yourself and your family, it is important to have an emergency plan for animals and stock.

Visit the SES Get Ready Animals page for resources to make an animal emergency plan, plan for pets and small animals, horses and livestock, and information on how to care for native wildlife during an emergency.

Stock Emergency Fodder and Water During an Emergency

Local Land Services can assist with emergency fodder, stock water and assessment of animals impacted by bushfire or other emergency to protect their survival and welfare. Landholders are encouraged report any stock losses.

Local Land Services | 1800 814 647

Fact Sheet - Stock water impacted by bushfire ash and debris(PDF, 114KB)

NSW Rural Assistance Authority

The NSW Rural Assistance Authority provides distaster grants and assistance to eligible primary producers and small businesses.

Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline | 1800 678 593