Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), there is a preference for the disclosure of government information, unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.
The law is designed to:
- Create rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations or more open and transparent government; and
- Encourage government agencies to proactively release government information.
You can find out more about your right to information and new ways to access government from the NSW Information and Privacy Commission on 1800 472 679 or from its website.
Access to information
Council publishes a range of information, including:
- Our Policies
- Our Information Guide
- A disclosure log of information applications
- Details of information not disclosed to the public
- Our register of contracts
Visit our Open Access Information page below to find out more.