Regulation and Enforcement
Uralla Shire Council is involved in a broad range of regulatory activities.
Uralla Shire Council is committed to:
- Acting in the interest of protecting community health, safety and the environment;
- Acting consistently, fairly and impartially;
- Preventing discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, political association or other personal reasons;
- When enforcement action is taken, that it is in keeping with the relative severity of the offence(s);
- When enforcement action is taken, that it is taken against the right person for the correct offence;
- Managing any actual or potential conflict of interest situations in a fair, consistent and impartial manner;
- Disclosing all evidence relevant to the alleged offence to appropriate authorities;
- Assisting the Court by providing all necessary information whether or not that information is in favour of the Council case;
- Issuing cautions to the alleged offender(s), where necessary;
- Making cost effective decisions concerning enforcement action having regard to the likely outcome at court; and
- Instigating enforcement action within the specified time limits.