POSTPONED - Strength for Life Instructor Training Program
NOTICE - The Strength for Life Program has been postponed.
Details will be provided when the Instructor Training is to be rescheduled.
At its October 2019 Ordinary Meeting, Council awarded the Council on the Ageing NSW (COTA NSW) with a $3000 community grant in order to hold a Strength for Life instructor training program in Uralla.
Strength for Life is an evidence-based exercise program to help older people improve their physical strength and fitness. It is a progressive training program designed to improve strength, balance, coordination and endurance.
COTA NSW is providing training for qualified exercise professionals to deliver the program. This training will be held Friday, 3rd April and Saturday, 4th April 2020 at the Uralla Community Centre, 9 Hill Street Uralla, from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
The cost of the training program is $350 for Accredited Providers, $450 for non-providers. Manuals included along with morning/afternoon tea. Participants are to provide their own lunch.
The Training Registration form with program details is available for download here.(PDF, 209KB)
The program seeks to maximise opportunities for people to engage in affordable, high-quality, result-oriented strength training programs over the long term. Strength for Life is industry best training for implementing progressive strength training for older people.
This training course introduces the trainer to the principles and research on which the Strength for Life program was founded and expands the participant's knowledge of training for older people and training for specific medical conditions.
The two-day course covers:
- Strength for Life protocol, health appraisal and assessments
- Managing the complexities of chronic conditions and
- physiological changes as we age
- Core stability and back care
- Risk assessment (clients and the physical space)
- Fitness testing (physical markers as required for evaluation)
- Postural assessment and strength training applications,
- including strength training variables, benefits and equipment
- for older adults
- Practical program application, including warm ideas, balance,
- practical strength and power ideas
- Promotion and marketing of Strength for Life
Find out more about the Strength for Life program on the Council on the Ageing website here.
Friday, 03 April 2020 | 09:00 AM
- 04:30 PM
Saturday, 04 April 2020 | 09:00 AM
- 04:30 PM