Latest Update on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The health and wellbeing of our community is of utmost importance and Council is closely monitoring the advice and adhering to the directives from the Government and public health authorities on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert.
The COVID-19 situation is continually evolving and Council will adjust its advice to residents in line with the most up-to-date Government and agency advice. Council encourages all residents to practice strict hygiene, practice social distancing and postpone/cancel discretionary activities until further notice to protect themselves and the community.
What is Council doing in response to COVID-19?
While Council is looking to maintain a business as usual approach as much as possible, certain changes to Council services will be implemented to ensure the health and wellbeing of the Uralla Shire community and staff.
In response to the evolving situation, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend or close the following services:
- Uralla Shire Council Customer Service - Face-to-face services will be temporarily suspended at the Customer Service Desk. Whilst customers will not be able to visit the Council Administration building during this period please be assured that we are still here to help. Customers are still able to call us on (02) 6778 6300 or get in touch via email on email@example.com
- Uralla Library – Face-to-face services will be temporarily suspended at the Uralla Library. Whilst customers will not be able to visit the library during this period, this is a great opportunity to explore the Central Northern Regional Library’s audiobook collection which is available online
- Uralla Visitor Information Centre – Face-to-face services will be temporarily suspended at the Uralla Visitors Information Centre. Whilst customers will not be able to visit the VIC during this period, customers are still able to access information on the Visit Uralla website and those of our tourism partners. There will also be a limited telephone service available – enquiries can be made to (02) 6778 6420 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Uralla Pool – The Uralla Pool will be closed for the season.
- Tablelands Community Transport – Services will be limited to critical/medical purposes only.
- Tablelands Community Support – My Aged Care referrals for TCS are temporarily closed. TCS is currently developing strategies to reduce or suspend non-essential services and will communicate this information to our clients directly.
- Suspending Hire Bookings – Council will suspend taking new bookings for the use of Council’s community buildings and facilities. Council will contact and will encourage those with existing bookings to evaluate their need to proceed with their event in line with the Government’s current advice. The Uralla Street Stall will also not be available for use.
Council will also be cancelling any Council-led community activities and all non-urgent workshops, conferences, training, and large group meetings.
McMaugh Gardens Aged Care Facility
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 18 March 2020 regarding new COVID-19 guidelines for Residential Aged Care, the McMaugh Gardens facility will be locked down with all non-essential access to the facility ceased. To protect residents from exposure to COVID-19 visitor restrictions apply. Please contact the facility on 6778 6380 for further information.
Further Information and Updates
If you require any further information in respect of the above or have queries in relation to any other Council service, please contact us by telephone on 02 6778 6300 or via email at email@example.com. We will also post regular updates on any disruptions to Council services to our facebook page.
For up-to-date information, resources and advice on the COVID-19 health alert, please visit the following Government websites:
If you have additional queries, please contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.