The current storage of the Kentucky Creek Dam has dropped below 35% capacity.
As a result, Uralla will commence Level 5 water restrictions on Monday 6 January 2020.
The implications of Level 5 water restrictions for residents are:
- Watering of lawns and gardens using a hand held hose with buckets, cans or trigger nozzles is prohibited.
- The use of sprinklers and fixed hoses, and watering new turf, is prohibited.
- Vehicle washing is prohibited. Cleaning of vehicle windows is permitted.
- Water carting for domestic, hospital, aged care and school use only – no stock watering.
- Irrigation of sports fields is prohibited.
A full list of water restrictions and the level at which they apply can be viewed by clicking this link.
Please contact Council on 6778 6300 should you have any questions or concerns.