Current Water Restrictions
Water restrictions for Bundarra were lifted on 14 January 2020.
Due to the continuing dry conditions, the volume of Kentucky Dam has dropped past the trigger level for Level 5 restrictions.
Uralla will commence Level 5 water restrictions on:
Monday, 6 January 2020
The implications of Level 5 water restrictions for residents are that:
- Watering of lawns and gardens using a hand held hose with buckets, cans or trigger nozzles is prohibited.
- The use of sprinklers and fixed hoses, and watering new turf, is prohibited.
- Vehicle washing is prohibited. Cleaning of windows is permitted.
- Water carting for domestic, hospital, aged care and school use only - no stock watering
- Irrigation of sports fields is prohibited
Please contact Council on 6778 6300 should you have any questions or concerns.
Water Restriction Levels
The following levels apply to Kentucky Creek Dam, Uralla:
Level 1, Low, Dam capacity falls to 74%
Level 2, Moderate, Dam capacity falls to 62%
Level 3, High, Dam capacity falls to 54%
Level 4, Very High, Dam capacity falls to 42%
Level 5, Emergency, Dam capacity falls to 35%
Readers can open the Table of Water Restrictions for Bundarra and Uralla drinking water supply customers(PDF, 95KB) to find full details of all water level restrictions.
Read more about Council's Drought Management Action Plan on the Drought and Demand Management Plans page.