Artist of the Month
Uralla Shire Library is seeking expressions of interest from emerging or established artists who live or work in the Uralla Shire Local Government Area to feature as Artist of the Month in 2022 in the Library Exhibition and Gallery Space.
The Gallery space offers:
- A high traffic space popular with both locals and visitors to Uralla
- Generous, safe, secure, light filled gallery area
- Artists exhibition period of one calendar month
- Items can be listed for sale
- Items accessible for viewing 6 days per week
- Artist hosted receptions in conjunction with the exhibit by request
- No cost
- Free promotion through Council information channels
We advise artists to take a self guided tour of the exhibition space prior to completing the application.
The listed guidelines must be adhered to if you wish to be part of the UraIla Library Artist of the Month Exhibition Program. UraIla Shire Council reserves the right to decline the work of any artist who does not meet the guidelines.
Guidelines and Disclaimer
- Insurance for exhibit items against any possible loss, theft, fire or damage is the full responsibility of the artist.
- The exhibit items must be installed safely and not present any health or safety hazards to others using the library.
- All artworks must be appropriate for family viewing.
- A duration of one month is allowed for an exhibit.
- The exhibit wall is equipped with a track system and adjustable hanging cables. Artwork must be framed or mounted and equipped with wire on the back for proper hanging.
- No tacks, tape or adhesives are permitted on exhibit walls.
- Participation is limited to one exhibit per year, per artist.
- If artworks are not collected by the end of the exhibit, the library may dispose of uncollected items.
- Artists are responsible for transporting the exhibit to and from the library.
- Exhibit items are to be set up and taken down by the artist or their delegate
- A short artist's biography and five pictures, either photographs or electronic images, which are representative of your artwork will need to be provided with your completed application.
- Artists are responsible for providing any printed material to announce, promote, describe or accompany the exhibit.
- An A4 itemised list of artworks, prices and artist contact details must be displayed with exhibit items.
- Uralla Library does not claim commission on any works sold, and does not charge for art exhibits.
- Contact needs to be made directly between the artist and the potential buyer.
- Library staff will not be involved in any stage of the sales transaction.
- Items sold during the period of the exhibit may not be removed until the end of the exhibit unless approved by library staff.
If the artist wishes to host a reception in conjunction with the exhibit, it must be scheduled with library staff, held during regular library hours and be open to the public. The artist is responsible for any publicity concerning the reception and for set-up and clean-up. No alcoholic beverages may be served.
Uralla Shire Council (inclusive of staff, volunteers and patrons} is not responsible for exhibited artwork. Council is not liable for lost, stolen or damaged work.
Expression of Interest Application
For more information: